This activity aims to inspire the participants to understand our planet and its challenges and how they can save it and create a future where nature and people thrive.
Develop these Key Competencies:
- Systems thinking
- Reflect on norms and values
- Access to internet
- Screen on a laptop or mobile
- The facilitator shows One Planet episodes to the participants. They can watch the intro video and other ones based on their area of interest.
- The group goes through One Planet educational resources including various activities they can do.
- Additional: They can connect live to experts and classrooms worldwide via Skype in the Classroom through Our Planet live on Skype in the classroom.
- It’s time to go for the extra milestone! Discover what you can do for the planet including pledging for Voice for the Planet and learning more through an interactive journey across a virtual astonishing planet!
Relevant information if you are facilitating
Our Planet is a groundbreaking, four-year collaboration between Netflix, Silverback Films, and WWF. It explores the rich natural wonders, iconic species, and wildlife spectacles that remain, revealing the key issues that urgently threaten their existence. Today, we have become the greatest threat to the health of our planet. Additional resource: Our Planet Classroom Resources - UK