This activity encourages young people to understand reuse and recycling through activity
Develop these Key Competencies:
- Reflect on norms and values
- Plastic bottle caps in various colours and sizes
- Cardboards from used cartons
- Box cutter
- permanent markers
The caps of plastic bottles come in varieties of colours and sizes. These caps can be used creatively in art and craft activities in your friends or Scout meeting.
- The facilitator organizes young people into small groups and provides each group with cardboard. Participants can then sketch a design on the cardboard. They can arrange the bottle caps around the sketch and glue them onto the cardboard.
- They can use the coloured markers to highlight or create details.
- Ask each group to put their bottle cap mosaic on display.
- Have participants understand the concept of reuse?
- Can they come up with other creative ideas for the reuse of plastic waste?
Relevant information if you are facilitating
The adult will ask young people to collect as many plastic bottle caps as they can from their family and neighbours and bring them to their meeting