This activity is part of the Life Skills Initiative, more information comming soon!
In this activity, you will work with a group to build the tallest tower possible using only the materials provided.
- Critical thinking
- 20 sticks of spaghetti per group
- 1 yard of tape per group
- 1 yard of string per group
- 1 giant marshmallow per group
- Alternative: Chronometer, rulers, pens, etc.
For this activity, you need to pair up with a friend or create groups.
The tower must have a marshmallow at the top and can only use 20 sticks of spaghetti, one yard of tape, and one yard of string.
Each group should grab the materials and start building the tallest possible tower with a marshmallow on top. You have a maximum of 5 minutes to build the tower.
Once you finish building the tower and decided who has the tallest one, make sure to discuss these questions:
- Was it difficult to build this tower as a team?
- What was the biggest challenge you had?
- How did you feel about this creative problem-solving activity?
- Did you have fun?