This activity focuses on how you can contribute to sustainability with daily personal habits. You can start to reflect on your daily waste management habits and suggest ways to improve your daily practices. The activity aims to discover how to be more sustainable in your daily routines.
Develop these Key Competencies
- Critical Thinking
- Self Awareness
- System Thinking
- Sustainability House Graphic
- The facilitator starts the discussion by explaining the importance of responsible consumption and how waste management can affect the climate and the planet.
- The facilitator splits the group into two teams or more and shows them the graphic of the sustainability house.
- The teams should consider the best practices for each house and section and ways to make it more sustainable and eco-friendly.
- After brainstorming, they should write them down on small pieces of paper (like Post-its) and stick it on the sustainable house graphic.
- The facilitator gathers the teams and together they discuss and decide on the best practices that should be used.
- After agreeing on the best practices, the participants share their reflections among them.
Relevant information if you are facilitating
- Highlight how our actions at home influence the community and the environment.
There are no right or wrong answers. Everyone can adopt different practices as long as they are eco-friendly.
The participants should pledge to change their daily habits, be more sustainable, and spread environmental awareness at least in their house and among their family members and friends
Invite the participants to reflect on their practices in friend meetings, camps, and headquarters and how they can improve them.