This activity is part of the upcoming Life Skills Initiative - stay tuned for more information!
For this activity, you will need to work in teams of five to compete in a race while connected by one large ski, learning the importance of teamwork and cooperation. This activity emphasises collaboration in achieving shared goals and enhances communication and problem-solving skills within the team. Reflecting on their experience, participants discover the value of working harmoniously towards a common objective.
- Critical thinking
- Four wooden skis, with each ski having 5 slots for participants to put their feet in
- Rope, which will be used for participants to hold in order to make it easier to lift the board using their feet and arms
Stand in a line, and each put your feet in the slots on the ski. Hold the rope from the feet slot side to make it easier to lift the ski together using your feet and arms.
The goal is to move together, taking one step at a time, and compete against another team in a race. Keep all your feet in the ski slots at all times!
After the race, gather together and discuss your experience. How did you find moving as one unit? You'll see that some tasks are easier when we work as a team. Let's talk about how we can collaborate to achieve our goals more effectively. You can also use these questions:
- Was it easy moving as one unit?
- Some tasks in life require that we do it as a team because we cant do alone. Do you agree?
- How can we work together in order to make it easier to achieve our goals?