This activity is part of the upcoming Health & Well-being Initiative - stay tuned for more information!
You will embark on a nature walk and embrace the wonders around you! Reflect on the joy and emotions nature evokes, capturing your thoughts and feelings in a journal. Explore personal growth and gratitude, discovering how connecting with nature supports your mental well-being and emotional resilience. Let nature be your guide on a transformative journey of self-discovery and appreciation for the beauty around us.
- Critical thinking
- Every participant, depending on their age, should have a journal.
- Pens, pencils and/or markers
For this activity, you will need an open space!
- Make sure everyone, including you, is prepared for a nature walk, meaning your group will need water, sunblock, and any other essentials.
- For ages 5 to 10, encourage them to observe their surroundings and find things that make them happy. Ask them to draw or write about these things in their journal.
- For ages 11 to 16, encourage them to reflect on the experience of being in nature and how it makes you feel. Have participants write about their thoughts and feelings in a journal.
- For ages 17 to 26, encourage them to reflect on their personal growth and how they have changed over time. Have them write about the things they are grateful for and how they can continue to support their mental health and build emotional resiliency through connecting with nature.