This activity is part of the Health and Wellbeing Initiative; more information about future challenges is coming soon!
You will embark on a nature walk and embrace the wonders around you! Reflect on the joy and emotions nature evokes, capturing your thoughts and feelings in a journal. Explore personal growth and gratitude, discovering how connecting with nature supports your mental well-being and emotional resilience. Let nature be your guide on a transformative journey of self-discovery and appreciation for the beauty around us.
Develop these Key Competencies
- Critical thinking
- Every participant, depending on their age, should have a journal.
- Pens, pencils, markers
For this activity, you will need an open space!
- Make sure everyone, including you, is prepared for a nature walk, meaning you will need water, sunblock, and any other essential.
- For ages 5 to 10, encourage them to observe their surroundings and find things that make them happy. Ask them to draw or write about these things in their journal.
- For ages 11 to 16, reflect on the experience of being in nature and how it makes you feel. Write about your thoughts and feelings in your journal.
- For ages 17 to 26, reflect on your personal growth and how you have changed over time. Write about the things you are grateful for and how they can continue to support your mental health and build emotional resiliency through connecting with nature.