Make a kindness jar to show someone how much you care about them, in this activity provided by The Scouts (UK).
What will you learn?
- Feel happy, be satisfied with your life, and know the things you do are worthwhile.
- Be able to take an active role in the community, give to others, and make the world a better place.
- A4 paper
- Coloured pens or pencils
- Sticky tape
- Craft materials (for example, tissue paper, pipe cleaners, stickers)
- Clean glass jars with lids (enough for one per person)
- Things to fill kindness jars
- Paint (optional)
- Paint brushes (optional)
Head over to The Scouts (UK) website to find the full instructions on how to complete this activity!
Debriefing and Reflection
This activity was about improving the wellbeing of the people around us, and helping your community by doing kind things for other people. This activity made you think about what makes another person happy, and how we can remind of how much they mean to us with a simple act of kindness.
Kindness in a jar
- What does kindness mean to you?
- How does it feel to be kind?
- How can you show your kindness?